Just as 2016 rings… This message comes to you with a Lil abridged version of original…
It’s a brand new year..wishing you the best…
“One always has to know when a stage comes to an end. If we insist on staying longer than the necessary time, we lose the happiness and the meaning of the other stages we have to go through.
Closing cycles, shutting doors, ending chapters – whatever name we give it, what matters is to leave in the past the moments of life that have finished.
Has a loving relationship come to an end? Did you leave your parents’ house?Has a long-lasting friendship ended all of a sudden? Have your friends given you a royal ignore ?? U can spend a long time wondering why this has happened.
You can tell yourself you won’t take another step until you find out why certain things that were so important and so solid in your life have turned into dust, just like that.
But such an attitude will be awfully stressing for everyone involved: your parents, your spouse, your friends, your children, your siblings..
Everyone is finishing chapters, turning over new leaves, getting on with life, and they will all feel bad seeing you at a standstill. Give yourself benefit of doubt…closing cycles, shutting doors is the call of the hour….
Things pass, and the best we can do is to let them really go away.
That is why it is so important (however painful it may be!) to destroy souvenirs, move, give lots of things away to orphanages, sell or donate the books you have at home.
Everything in this visible world is a manifestation of the invisible world, of what is going on in our hearts – and getting rid of certain memories also means making some room for other memories to take their place. Let things go. Release them. Detach yourself from them.
Nobody plays this life with marked cards, so sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Do not expect anything in return, do not expect your efforts to be appreciated, your genius to be discovered, your love to be understood.
Stop turning on your emotional television to watch the same program over and over again, the one that shows how much you suffered from a certain loss: that is only poisoning you, nothing else.
Nothing is more dangerous than not accepting love relationships that are broken off, work that is promised but there is no starting date, decisions that are always put off waiting for the “ideal moment.”
Before a new chapter is begun, the old one has to be finished: tell yourself that what has passed will never come back.
Remember that there was a time when you could live without that thing or that person – nothing is irreplaceable, a habit is not a need.
This may sound so obvious, it may even be difficult, but it is very important.
Closing cycles. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because that no longer fits your life.
Shut the door, change the record, clean the house, shake off the dust.
Stop being who you were, and change into who you are.
1. Reverence for the God , elders , teachers , adepts .
2. Keeping cheerful , pleasant and peaceful disposition .
3. Initiating the conversation and make the person comfortable who has come to meet you .
4. Speech should be wholesome , measured , palatable and timely .
5. Fellowship with all creatures .
6. Winning over angry .
7. Consoling the frightened .
8. Befriending the destitute .
9. Be devoted to charity , kindness , joy , impartiality , peace and gaining knowledge .
10. Overcoming impatience .
11. Bearing with harsh words from others .
12. Remove the causes of passion & aversion .
13. Waste the time of work / action .
14. Undertake anything without deliberation .
15. Be a slave to your senses .
16. Pander to the fickle mind .
17. Overburden your senses & understanding .
18. Over procrastinate .
19. Give way to joy & anger .
20. Nurse your sorrows .
21. Be arrogant in Success and dejected in Defeat .
22. Remind yourself constantly the vanity of things .
23. Grow complacent with your achievements .
24. Lose heart .
25. Recall calumny .
26. Think that time will always be favourable .
27. Take other’s goods .
28. Delight in vengeance .
29. Commit sin , not even against a sinner .
30. Speak untruth .
31. Covet other’s wealth .
32. Pry into other’s secrets .
33. Keep the company of those who are disloyal , arrogant , depraved .
34. Expose anyone’s shortcomings .
35. Speak ill of good people and your elders .
36. Breakup with the relations , companions , helpers in Adversity and those who know your secrets.
37. Be timid or overbold .
38. Be distrustful of your kinsmen .
39. Regard the maintaining of character , scriptural enjoinments and social observances as a tax on you .
40. Trust or distrust everyone .
41. Hold back the salary of your subordinates / servants .
42. Enjoy your pleasures alone .
WHOLESOME DIETETIC REGULATIONS
43. One should eat rightly considering one’s individual constitution (Prakriti).
44. While eating a meal , the capacity of stomach is considered into thre parts :
* 1/3rd of gastric capacity for SOLID food
* 1/3rd for LIQUIDS
* Remaining 1/3rd for the three Doshas – Vata , Pitta , Kapha
45. Signs of FOOD eaten in MEASURE : Freedom from distress in stomach as the result of the quantity taken , gratification of senses , subsidence of hunger & thirst , Doshas are in balanced state , sense of ease in standing , sitting , walking , inhaling , exhaling , repartee and conversation , easy digestion and assimilation of food in morning and evening , imparting of wholesome health and promotes life .
46. Eat Hot Food – Hot food is relished and on consuming excites gastric fire , is soon digested and stimulates the peristaltic movement and breaks up the Kapha in the gastric secretion .
47. Eat Unctuous Food – It also has the same benefits as Hot food .
48. Eat after Digestion of Previous Meal – The food taken when previous meal has been fully digested, the Doshas are normal , the gastric fire is kindled , hunger appears , the channels of body are clear and open , the eructation from mouth is healthy , the stomach is clear , the peristaltic movement is normal , when the urges for evacuation of flatus , urine and faeces are well attended to – THAT Food , not vitiating any of the body elements , serves the purpose of PROMOTING LIFE .
49. Eat what is not Antagonistic in potency .
50. Eat in a Congenial place & Circumstances , provided with all the necessary appurtenances .
51. Take meal without saying your Prayers .
52. Eat without feeding the elders , guests , dependants .
53. Eat without cleaning the hands , feet and mouth .
54. Be served by an illwisher , undevoted , unmannerly , unclean or hungry attendant .
55. Eat in improper vessels and at improper time .
56. Eat while reviling food .
57. Indulge in untimely intake of foods & drinks that are heavy , dry , cold , dehydrated , disagreeable , irritant , unclean or incompatible .
58. Eat while the mind is afflicted with desire , anger , greed , envy , shame , grief , anxiety , fear .
International Women’s Day is a time to reflect on the progress made , to call for change and to celebrate acts of courage and determination by ordinary women who have played an extraordinary role in the history of their countries and communities .
Ayurveda considers Woman as the backbone of the society , she is the progenitor .
But , access to safe voluntary family planning is human right . Family planning in central to gender equality and women’s empowerment and is a key in reducing poverty .
Rigveda states ‘ A man with many children succumbs to miseries .’ To have one enlightened child is better than to have many illiterate children .
Various contraceptive measures are described in Ayurveda classics .
Period of cohabitation was limited . The cohabitation was done for procreation and not for carnal pleasures . Active conjugal life was for 25 years ie from 26th year ( after completion of education ) to 50th year . There were restrictions also ie avoidance of coitus on certain specific dates , eclipses , festivals , fasts , ceremonies .
LOCAL CONTRACEPTIVES :
Genital tract is fumigated by burning of Neem ( Azadirachta indica ) bark when the menstruation stops .
A tampon made with rock salt and Til ( Sesamum ) oil is kept after coitus .
A fine paste of seeds of Palash ( Butea monosperma ) , honey and ghee should be kept in vagina during ovulatory period .
ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES :
Old jaggery taken with rice wash in the form of linctus acts as a contraceptive .
Root of Chitraka ( Plumbago zeylenica ) is boiled with rice wash . After filtering it , decoction is taken for three days after cessation of menstrual flow .
Seeds of Palash taken for three days during ovulatory period .
Flowers of Japakusum ( Hibiscus rosa Sinensis ) plucked in early morning are taken for three days ie 4th , 5th and 6th day of menses .
Administration of paste of Tanduliyaka ( Amaranthus spinosa ) made with rice wash is taken for three days after menstruation stops .
Leaves of Champaka ( Michelia campaka Linn ) are soaked in water overnight . Paste is made and taken during menses .
White variety of Gunja ( Arbrus precatorius ) is also used . One Gunja on fourth day of menstruation , Two Gunja on the fifth day and Three Gunja on sixth day acts as a contraceptive .
Pippalyadi Churna : Powder of Pippali ( Piper longum ) , Vidang ( Embelia ribes ) and Tankana ( Borax ) are taken in equal quantity with milk during ovulatory period .
Banjauri plant ( Vicoa indica ) is used as an oral contraceptive by tribals of Bihar ( Sukhodeora ).
In Ranchi , an oral contraceptive made with 2 – 4 gm Paan root ( Piper betel ) and 2 – 4 gm Bamboo seeds are taken orally , empty stomach , in the form of tablet .
Various medicinal plants have been tested for their Anti fertility activity both in male & female animal models . Numerous herbs have been used historically to reduce fertility and modern scientific research has confirmed Anti fertility effects of some of the herbs .
Anti implantation and pregnancy interruption activity was noted in animal models in Japakusum – indicating the contraceptive activity which has similar results with the standard Ovral –L .
Seeds of Queen Anne’s Lace : Studies on rats show that seeds inhibit both fetal and ovrian growth .
A post coital contraceptive could be developed from seeds of Butea monosperma , leaves of Mentha arvensis and root of Plumbago rosea which are currently used by tribal population of Odisha .
Embelia ribes : It was administered in a dose of 2 gm for 5 days followed by 1 gm daily for another 10 days . After observing the effect on 2051 cycles over four years , it was reported that the plant protected 95% of women from pregnancy .
Vaginal creams and suppositories made with Neem oil are quickly becoming the birth control method of choice in India . They are non-irritating and easy to use while almost 100 percent effective. It’s important to note, however, that even toxic spermicides are not 100 percent effective. When tested against human sperm neem extract (sodium nimbidinate) at 1000 mg was able to kill all sperm in just 5 minutes and required only 30 minutes at a 250 mg level. They have the added benefit of preventing vaginal and sexually transmitted diseases .
There are 11 plants tested with animals that show 100% Anti implantation activity . They are Aristolochia indica , Curcuma longa , Cuminum cymimium ,Daucus carota , Embelia ribes , Ensete superbium , Hyptis sauveolens , Mentha arvensis , Podocarpus brevifolia , Polgonium hydro piper , Sapindus trifoliatus .
Most modern form of birth control are 70% to 99% effective depending on the method chosen .
Each herb has varied effect on the body and no two herbs are alike in their abilities to prevent conception .Some herbal contraceptives have a cumulative effect in the body , they need to be taken regularly to maintain the contraceptive effect .
Contraceptive measures also serve as a proxy measure to access the Reproductive Health services that are essential for meeting many of the Millenium Development Goals , especially for those concerned with Child Mortality , Maternal Health , HIV/AIDS and Gender Equality .
Herbs can offer alternatives and Reducing Fertility would be better than NO birth control .
This patient 20 years / female , had came with the complaint of delayed menses and weight gain since 8 months . Her USG report indicated PCOD? . So she was advised for hormonal evaluation on 2nd day of menses i.e FSH ( Follicle Stimulating Hormone ) , LH ( Luteinising Hormone ) and Insulin ( Fasting ) .
Her reports were :
FSH – 65.1 mIU/ml ( It was in the Post Menopausal Range 23.00 – 116.30 )
LH – 16.8 mIU/ml ( It was in the Post Menopausal Range 15.90 – 54.00 )
Insulin – 13.0 ( It was within the Normal Range )
Hormonal assay was High FSH & High LH .
Ayurvedic Treatment was started on 30th November , 2013 . Her next two cycles were normal .
FSH , LH was repeated after two months – on 22nd January , 2014 . Both of them were within normal range .
FSH – 5.6 mIU/ml ( Normal Range 2.50 – 10.20 )
LH – 3.0 mIU/ml ( Normal Range 1.9 – 12.50 )
Ayurvedic treatment was continued for 2 more months . Her USG was repeated and was Normal .
India – The land of Vedas, the remarkable works contain not only religious ideas for a perfect life, but also facts which science has proved true. Electricity, radium, electronics, airship, all were known to the seers who founded the Vedas.